Stair lifts (sometimes called a chair lift, stairglide or stair climber) are the perfect, affordable solution to mobility issues with your stairs, making your whole home accessible again.
Acorn supplies more customers directly from the manufacturer, all over the world, than the rest of the entire industry combined!
The Acorn Superglide Stairlift is exceptional value – with more features as standard but without costing you a dollar more!
Fits to Stairs not Wall; causing minimum disruption, no structural work needed.
Sealed Gearbox; no lubrication needed, no leaks.
Slim Folding; the arms, seat and footrest fold to leave stairway free for other users.
Swivel Seat; firmly locks in three positions for safety and ease of use, the stairlift does not move until seat is safely in the travelling position.
Safety Belt; giving you confidence and peace of mind.
Soft Start & Stop; no jarring at the top or bottom of your stairs
- DC battery powered; it is smooth and whisper-quiet in operation and continues to work even if there is ever a power failure.
- Lockable with Key Switch; preventing any unauthorized use
- Rack & Pinion Drive providing a quiet, smooth ride.
- 5 Safety Surfaces; halting the stairlift if it collides with any obstruction.
- Overspeed Governor (OSG) as standard equipment; Acorn believes that it is irresponsible to supply a stairlift without this vital safety equipment.
- Digital Status Display; the stairlift is equipped with smart technology that lets you know stairlift status at any moment.
Acorn stair lift features
• Easy to use joy-stick operation
• Smooth start/stop action
• Swivel seat – no need to twist your body to get on & off the lift
• Hand-held remote control ‘calls’ the lift to where you need it
• Five safety cut out sensors to detect possible obstructions. For example, the lift will stop for an object left on the stairs.
• Hinged Rail (for situations where there may be a doorway obstruction)
•Outdoor lift – can be fitted to outdoor steps
•‘Perch seat’ – allow for use in a semi-seated position. This is useful for particularly narrow stairways or for individuals with restricted hip or knee mobility
•Sit/Stand option for when one user prefers to sit, and the other to stand
See more acorn features reviewed here.
Modern stairlifts, like the Acorn Superglide Stairlift, are state of the art in terms of design and manufacture and yet are so simple to install and maintain.
There is an ever growing demand for stairlifts in America, and there are many out dated products still available and being installed in people’s homes. These ‘old style’ stairlifts can be troublesome for the user – why? They are unreliable. Things have moved on since the days of chain drives and trailing cables.
Don’t take any chances – make sure you conduct a direct like-for-like comparison of the features, technology, comfort and safety aspects of the equipment.